- Space-saving and reliable complete system for position, speed and length
- Up to 0.008 mm/pulse (incremental, complete system) or
up to 0.003 mm/step (absolute, consisting of individual components: measuring wheel, spring arm and encoder) for excellent measurement results
- Suitable for any surface
- Quickly mounted and adjusted
For over 25 years, Wachendorff Automation has developed and manufactured systems and rotary encoders for worldwide use in the areas of mechanical and plant construction, lift construction, mobile machinery and renewable energies.
More than 1,500 realised customer variants demonstrate our flexibility and absolute focus on the customer’s needs. Owing to the high mechanical and electrical stability of our rotary encoders and systems, we provide a five-year warranty – which is unique in the world!
We support you right from the construction phase. Our strength lies in precisely matched lengths and position measuring systems for your measurement task.
With these systems, the positions, speeds and travel lengths of conveyor belts, film/paper webs or cardboard packaging, for example, can be recorded safely and efficiently.
We meet the highest requirements in an ideal way with the LMSMA2x/3x measuring systems:
Constant and accurate measurement results through optimal, low-slip measurement in the most varied conditions arising from:
- Adjustable pressure
- Coordinated measuring wheels for every surface
- Selectable resolutions from 1.0 to 0.008 mm/pulse (incremental, complete system)
or up to 0.003 mm/pulse step (absolute, consisting of individual components: Measuring wheel, spring arm and encoder)
Small space requirement thanks to its compact design. Long service lifetimes thanks to the high mechanical robustness of all the components. Fast and flexible mounting on the machine.
We have significantly optimised the adjustment possibilities of the whole system, which is based on a spring arm with a central spring. This gives you constructive and valuable benefits:
Now 36 alignment positions
The newly developed hand wheel with its 10° resolution levels allows for 36 alignment positions. In combination with the elongated holes of the angle bracket, you get much more room for the installation.
Easily adjustable preload
With the new systems, the spring preload is adjustable in steps from 5 N to a maximum of 30 N preload.
Calibration without disassembly
The preassembled systems for installation in the machine or readjustment during commissioning remain mounted.
Fixation in resting position
During machine setup or maintenance in particular, it is possible that the length measuring system is not designed to run. The LMSMA systems offer the possibility to fix the spring arm in a resting position. The spring arm is then returned to the working position and continues to work at the previously set pressure. You will see that there are a number of good reasons for using the LMSMA length measuring systems.
To assemble, simply loosen the base plate from the hand wheel and attach it to the machine at the position defined by you.
The dimensions of the holes in the blue base plate are adapted to the current attachment profiles on the market. The captive central screw enables the measuring system to connect to the base plate. Now simply adjust the preload and tighten the central screw. Job done!
If direct mounting is not possible at the plant, we have a solution for it. Varied mounting positions are possible with the highly variable orientable angle bracket and the 36 locking positions of the hand wheel.
- Space-saving complete system
- Excellent print layout, thanks to a resolution of 0.008 mm/pulse
- Versatile use on different surfaces
- High linear compensation
The new measuring system LMS LA12 is a perfectly tuned, pre-assembled complete system for use in the field of marking and labelling.
The system, consiting of an incremental encoder from the WDGI series, a encoder holder with 25 N contact pressure and a non-slip measuring wheel, is used to continuously measure the speed in many different types of marking systems. The position of the product to be labelled is determined based on this measurement.
As a last stage of the packaging process, the product labelling or marking system uses this exact positioning information to mark, among other things, cardboard, packaging, labels, bottles and other materials accurately and in a superior print quality.
Codes of any kind, brand logos and graphic designs, batch and lot numbers and sell-by dates are applied using inkjet processes or special inks, for example.
The components of the measuring system are perfectly matched and guarantee utmost precision and a long service life.
- With their IP65/67 protection, the encoders in the WDGI series are designed and adapted for use in harsh industrial environments.
- With a permissible radial load of 220 N on the shaft, the measuring system can be mounted securely without slipping and has a high pretensioning force.
- The encoder ist delivered with a 8-pin M12 connector. Please choose the suitable cabel form our standard program. KI867 straight or KIA867 angular connector.
- The specially selected surfaces of the different Wachendorff measuring wheels guarantee non-slip properties in all areas of application - even at very high production speeds.
- The encoder holder is a special development with two slot holes for flexible mounting.
- Exceptionally high repeat accuracy combined with a very high resolution of the WDGI encoder of up to 25,000 PPR (0.008 mm/pulse) guarantees an accurate marking position.