LMSCA the ultra compact and robust length measuring system
including encoder WDGP 36A and 200 mm measuring wheel
- Space-saving and reliable complete system for position, speed and length
- Up to 0.0125 mm/pulse for excellent measurement results
- Suitable for many surfaces
- Absorbent mounting
- Contact pressure – easily adaptable by intelligent central adjustment
- Quickly mounted and adjusted
The patented tooth grid has been developed for simple and definite mounting for a longer service life. The LMSCA is rigidly mounted using the multiple mounting options, with the measuring wheel placed loosely on the moving material. The teeth are loosened with only one central screw, which is secure against loss, and a defined force of the measuring wheel is applied to the material with the tooth grid.
Compared to other systems without this method, it depends on the skill of the assembler how much force is applied to the material. Depending on the surface of the material, you want to select the contact pressure as high as possible in order to exclude possible slippage and, on the other hand, you don’t want to damage the material or the surface of the measuring wheel. With the toothing, you can give the technician a clear specification of how high the contact pressure should be, with up to 20 N in steps of 5 N. The spiral spring design ensures that the contact pressure is as high as required to avoid possible slippage.
The designed spiral spring ensures that the set contact pressure is permanently applied and also elegantly compensates for larger unevenness and ensures contact with the material at all times.
Depending on the desired area of application, the system with its detailed solutions offers some great benefits.
Small, compact and very accurate:
The LMSCA is only 120 mm long and equipped with a 36 mm diameter rotary encoder. The rotary encoder can provide (depending on the order number) 1 ppr up to 16,384 ppr and thus supplies the right number of pulses for your application. The LMSCA length measuring system achieves a resolution of up to 0.0125 mm/pulse. Alternatively, as an absolute encoder with the patented QuattroMag singleturn technology and EnDra - multiturn technology, the encoder can send e.g. CAN messages, RS 485 or SSI signals.
Can be mounted anywhere:
The encoder is fixed by a clamp, which allows the connector outlet to be positioned as desired. The encoder has a radial connector outlet. A mounting bracket with 2 elongated holes and a cross hole offers every freedom to mount the LMSCA perfectly.
Suitable for any surface:
The measuring wheels with a circumference of 145/200 mm have different surfaces for use on all materials, such as plastic, PVC, painted surfaces, paper, cardboard, metal, textiles, carpet, rubber, foil, etc. with a contact pressure of up to 20 N in 5 N increments that can be precisely adjusted via the grid for optimum protection of the material vs. contact pressure.
Can be used everywhere:
The robust construction and the durable and stable bearing of the swing arm and the encoder are designed for a wide range of applications. Wherever a speed or position is to be measured, such as on an assembly line, in continuous production/measurement or in reversing movements at greater distances, the LMSCA is suitable as a reliable sensor.
- In-line speed measurement for high quality marking of wood, cardboard boxes or packaged food or medicines with e.g. Date Code, Expired Date, Lot, etc.
- In-line speed measurement for quality monitoring with cameras of e.g. foils, carpets, cables, laminates, pipes, décor.
- In-line distance measurement for the determination of volume and tons with an additional sensor, e.g. for parcel services or in quarries.
- In-line speed measurement for gluing cardboard boxes or foils
- Speed and position measurement for storage and retrieval machines can also be realised with a pinion and a toothed rail
The compact LMSCA has a high protection class of IP67, at the shaft input IP65, is supplied with 4.75 to 32 VDC, delivers ABN and inverted signals in TTL or HTL or CAN, J1939, SSI or RS485 and can be connected via an M12 connector.
Precise positioning with the LMS MA
Optionally with incremental or absolute encoders
- Space-saving and reliable complete system for position, speed and length
- Up to 0.008 mm/pulse (incremental, complete system) or
up to 0.003 mm/step (absolute, consisting of individual components: measuring wheel, spring arm and encoder) for excellent measurement results
- Suitable for any surface
- Quickly mounted and adjusted
Positions, speeds, travel lengths
... measure reliably and precisely
For over 25 years, Wachendorff Automation has developed and manufactured systems and rotary encoders for worldwide use in the areas of mechanical and plant construction, lift construction, mobile machinery and renewable energies.
More than 1,500 realised customer variants demonstrate our flexibility and absolute focus on the customer’s needs. Owing to the high mechanical and electrical stability of our rotary encoders and systems, we provide a five-year warranty – which is unique in the world!
We support you right from the construction phase. Our strength lies in precisely matched lengths and position measuring systems for your measurement task.
With these systems, the positions, speeds and travel lengths of conveyor belts, film/paper webs or cardboard packaging, for example, can be recorded safely and efficiently.
We meet the highest requirements in an ideal way with the LMSMA2x/3x measuring systems:
Constant and accurate measurement results through optimal, low-slip measurement in the most varied conditions arising from:
- Adjustable pressure
- Coordinated measuring wheels for every surface
- Selectable resolutions from 1.0 to 0.008 mm/pulse (incremental, complete system)
or up to 0.003 mm/pulse step (absolute, consisting of individual components: Measuring wheel, spring arm and encoder)
Small space requirement thanks to its compact design. Long service lifetimes thanks to the high mechanical robustness of all the components. Fast and flexible mounting on the machine.
Experience is in the detail … save time with a system
We have significantly optimised the adjustment possibilities of the whole system, which is based on a spring arm with a central spring. This gives you constructive and valuable benefits:
Now 36 alignment positions
The newly developed hand wheel with its 10° resolution levels allows for 36 alignment positions. In combination with the elongated holes of the angle bracket, you get much more room for the installation.
Easily adjustable preload
With the new systems, the spring preload is adjustable in steps from 5 N to a maximum of 30 N preload.
Calibration without disassembly
The preassembled systems for installation in the machine or readjustment during commissioning remain mounted.
Fixation in resting position
During machine setup or maintenance in particular, it is possible that the length measuring system is not designed to run. The LMSMA systems offer the possibility to fix the spring arm in a resting position. The spring arm is then returned to the working position and continues to work at the previously set pressure. You will see that there are a number of good reasons for using the LMSMA length measuring systems.
Quickly mounted – directly on the machine
... the LMSMA2x length measuring system
To assemble, simply loosen the base plate from the hand wheel and attach it to the machine at the position defined by you.
The dimensions of the holes in the blue base plate are adapted to the current attachment profiles on the market. The captive central screw enables the measuring system to connect to the base plate. Now simply adjust the preload and tighten the central screw. Job done!
Easily mountable – with pre-assembled angle
... the LMSMA3x length measuring system
If direct mounting is not possible at the plant, we have a solution for it. Varied mounting positions are possible with the highly variable orientable angle bracket and the 36 locking positions of the hand wheel.
Perfect grip and extremely low concentrical tolerance
The length measuring system LMSMA with the measuring
wheel KW (Adapter for encoder with conical shaft)
has been specially developed for applications requiring very low concentrical tolerance.
The optimised system has up to 10 times better concentrical tolerance than a standard length measuring system and is therefore suitable for applications requiring very high accuracy. In combination with our high-resolution incremental encoders an unbeatable team.
Accurate positioning for marking systems with LMS LA12
- Space-saving complete system
- Excellent print layout, thanks to a resolution of 0.008 mm/pulse
- Versatile use on different surfaces
- High linear compensation
The new measuring system LMS LA12 is a perfectly tuned, pre-assembled complete system for use in the field of marking and labelling.
The system, consiting of an incremental encoder from the WDGI series, a encoder holder with 25 N contact pressure and a non-slip measuring wheel, is used to continuously measure the speed in many different types of marking systems. The position of the product to be labelled is determined based on this measurement.
As a last stage of the packaging process, the product labelling or marking system uses this exact positioning information to mark, among other things, cardboard, packaging, labels, bottles and other materials accurately and in a superior print quality.
Codes of any kind, brand logos and graphic designs, batch and lot numbers and sell-by dates are applied using inkjet processes or special inks, for example.
The components of the measuring system are perfectly matched and guarantee utmost precision and a long service life.
- With their IP65/67 protection, the encoders in the WDGI series are designed and adapted for use in harsh industrial environments.
- With a permissible radial load of 220 N on the shaft, the measuring system can be mounted securely without slipping and has a high pretensioning force.
- The encoder ist delivered with a 8-pin M12 connector. Please choose the suitable cabel form our standard program. KI867 straight or KIA867 angular connector.
- The specially selected surfaces of the different Wachendorff measuring wheels guarantee non-slip properties in all areas of application - even at very high production speeds.
- The encoder holder is a special development with two slot holes for flexible mounting.
- Exceptionally high repeat accuracy combined with a very high resolution of the WDGI encoder of up to 25,000 PPR (0.008 mm/pulse) guarantees an accurate marking position.