- Space-saving and reliable complete system for position, speed and length
- Up to 0.0125 mm/pulse for excellent measurement results
- Suitable for many surfaces
- Robust thanks to magnetic sensor technology
- Damping spring suspension
- Quickly mounted and adjusted
- Contact pressure – easily adaptable by intelligent central adjustment
- Power supply: 4.75 to 32 VDC
- Contactless and voltage-free directly configurable via NFC:
- Incremental from 1 to 16,384 I/U infinitely variable
- HTL / TTL
The patented tooth grid has been developed for simple and definite mounting for a longer service life. The LMSCA is rigidly mounted using the multiple mounting options, with the measuring wheel placed loosely on the moving material. The teeth are loosened with only one central screw, which is secure against loss, and a defined force of the measuring wheel is applied to the material with the tooth grid.
Compared to other systems without this method, it depends on the skill of the assembler how much force is applied to the material. Depending on the surface of the material, you want to select the contact pressure as high as possible in order to exclude possible slippage and, on the other hand, you don’t want to damage the material or the surface of the measuring wheel. With the toothing, you can give the technician a clear specification of how high the contact pressure should be, with up to 20 N in steps of 5 N. The spiral spring design ensures that the contact pressure is as high as required to avoid possible slippage.
The designed spiral spring ensures that the set contact pressure is permanently applied and also elegantly compensates for larger unevenness and ensures contact with the material at all times.
Depending on the desired area of application, the system with its detailed solutions offers some great benefits.
Setup incremental encoder WDGN
NFC configurable via Wachendorff App (IOS, Android, Huawei)
Small, compact and very accurate:
The LMSCA is only 120 mm long and equipped with a 36 mm diameter rotary encoder. The rotary encoder has a freely selectable resolution from 1ppr to 16,384 ppr and thus provides the exact pulse count for your application. The LMSCA length measuring system achieves a resolution of up to 0.0125 mm/pulse.
The encoders of the WDGN series can be easily configured with a smartphone or tablet* contactless via NFC using our app, without the need for special programming boxes for which you still need the appropriate adapter cable and a power supply. You have the possibility to adapt the encoder quickly and intuitively to your individual application. Once the configurations of an encoder have been created, they can be saved with different names, load them again at any time and transfer them to another encoder. This allows stored configuration sets to be used for the encoder in different applications. After entering the PIN you can read out the configuration set of an encoder at any time, save it, share it and continue using it for other encoders.
Safety has top priority
Special attention was given to data security. All data transmitted via NFC is encrypted. Unauthorised configuration of the encoder is not possible without the correct password. The user receives a conformation after transfer. For security we use the principle of PIN and PUK, like with your mobile phone provider.
Can be mounted anywhere:
The encoder is fixed by a clamp, which allows the connector outlet to be positioned as desired. The encoder has a radial connector outlet. A mounting bracket with 2 elongated holes and a cross hole offers every freedom to mount the LMSCA perfectly.
Suitable for any surface:
The measuring wheels with a circumference of 145/200 mm have different surfaces for use on all materials, such as plastic, PVC, painted surfaces, paper, cardboard, metal, textiles, carpet, rubber, foil, etc. with a contact pressure of up to 20 N in 5 N increments that can be precisely adjusted via the grid for optimum protection of the material vs. contact pressure.
Can be used everywhere:
The robust construction and the durable and stable bearing of the swing arm and the encoder are designed for a wide range of applications. Wherever a speed or position is to be measured, such as on an assembly line, in continuous production/measurement or in reversing movements at greater distances, the LMSCA is suitable as a reliable sensor.
- In-line speed measurement for high quality marking of wood, cardboard boxes or packaged food or medicines with e.g. Date Code, Expired Date, Lot, etc.
- In-line speed measurement for quality monitoring with cameras of e.g. foils, carpets, cables, laminates, pipes, décor.
- In-line distance measurement for the determination of volume and tons with an additional sensor, e.g. for parcel services or in quarries.
- In-line speed measurement for gluing cardboard boxes or foils
- Speed and position measurement for storage and retrieval machines can also be realised with a pinion and a toothed rail
The compact LMSCA has a high protection class of IP67, at the shaft input IP65, is supplied with 4.75 to 32 VDC, delivers freely selectable either incremental ABN and inverted signals (in TTL or HTL) and can be connected via an M12 connector.
Length measuring system LMSCA32-WDGN
Length measuring system LMSCA32-WDGN-BAS-KH-KIT